Thursday, June 18, 2009

He speakey the truth!

I am very lucky to have a wonderful Bible study group and have really benefitted from our time together to concentrate on each of our relationships with God. This is the second Bible study that our group has had together and this time we are focusing on trusting God.
We usually study various scriptures and this week we just so happened to study one that I have relied on in the past and I really wanted to share this one. I think that it speaks to one of my greatest weaknesses, being anxious. This is the word of Philippians 4: 6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I am so appreciative of this scripture as it truly does captivate the relationship that I strive to have with God and it really gives me something to think about when I am not doing my best. I wanted to share with you because this has been so helpful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment