Monday, October 5, 2009

Thankfulness

As the start of fall is among us, I can't help but to feel thankful and truly blessed. At times I regrettably look past the optimism, cant help but to be pessimistic, and am now at a point where I am ready to move on.
I am overwhelmingly thankful for my family. My husband has proven himself to be a loving and involved father, and my daughter is the joy of my life. Just hearing her squeal in the other room makes me smile. I am madly in love with her and enjoy every moment that I get to spend with her. The three of us have such a great time together, I couldn't imagine my life without them.
I am so thankful that I am able to be a stay at home mom. Sometimes I feel anxious to jump back on the working wagon, and then reel myself in by appreciating the incredible opportunity that Grant has given our family that allows me to be with them always.
I am blessed to have such a forgiving and loving God. He is always there for us and I cherish that I always have someone to go to when I need direction. He brought us the miracle of Rowan and is joyfully blessing our friends and family with the same treasured gifts.
I am thankful for dogs. Ours have definitely NOT been given the same amount of attention that they were used to before Rowan was here. They are still the same dogs they always have been, and still wag their tails when we walk outside, and give us the same love and affection that they always have.
I am thankful for coffee. It makes me happy in the morning, keeps me awake during the day, and gives me something to look forward to when I am trying to pull myself out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment