Tuesday, October 6, 2009

7 Months Old




















I know I am extremely late blogging this, but Rowan is 7 months! She is doing great and is really starting to show more and more personality. Her new thing is saying "bah". She says it not stop. She likes to say it will her mouth open and closed. She even likes to say it while she is eating and showers me with her food and she does. She is sitting up great, and really enjoys her time on the play mat. She is rolling all over the place, so I have to keep a close eye on her. She snuggles with her bumper at night. We will go to check on her and she is always on her side holding her bumper with both hands. She still does not have any teeth, but I feel like they are almost here. She absolutely loves her jumperoo. I am afraid she is getting too big for it, though because she looks like she is about to jump right out of it. Grant has already had to raise it!



She loves to pull herself up into a standing position when she is seated. She pulls up and stands on her tippy toes. I laugh that she is going to be a ballerina, but I think it is from her bouncing in her jumperoo. The biggest change I see in her from one month ago is how squirmy she is in my arms. I pick her up, and she twists to face away from me. It makes me sad that she doesnt want to be snuggled with, she just wants to explore the world around her. If I am holding her and take a drink of something, you can bet she is trying to have a sip or grab the drink out of my hand.



Her favorite thing to do is play with paper. I dont give it to her often, but she really likes it. Since the weather has gotten cooler, we sometimes play outside on a blanket. We were waiting for Grant to get home and she was getting anxious for something new to play with. She grabbed a magazine out of my hands, and 5 minutes later, it was in shreds. She went from page to page, ripping them out, then tearing the page to shreds. She did try to put the paper in her mouth, but I had to be pretty diligent to take them away. By the time Grant got home, I had a pile of shredded paper piled up ready for him to throw away.



We are having so much fun with Rowan, I am thankful that she is not yet crawling yet, but I am sure it is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment