Monday, May 16, 2011

Anniversary Yumminess








Grant and I celebrated 4 years as a married couple on May 12th. We have been together for 10 years including premarriage, which is a long time...but those 10 years have been the best I could have asked for. We have learned so much about each other and continue to grow together everyday. I love him so!






We have never been big on fancy anniversaries, birthdays, valentines days, etc. We usually look up the traditional gift and do a gift based on that. This year was plants/flowers. I was expecting Grant to get me flowers, but he was really thoughtful and got us tickets for the concerts in the garden at the Botanical Gardens. I am so excited, I have wanted to go for years! My gift was not nearly as thoughtful as his, but I got him a lemon tree. We have been saying that we have wanted to plant a tree at our home for a while so we will always have this!






For dinner, we did a low key grill out with Rowan. This dinner was my ideal meal. Of all time. Other than a sandwich, my other favorite food, this could be my last meal. We started off with Ina Garten's ricotta toast:



*Mix ricotta with fresh herbs, I used chives, green onions, and thyme. Add lemon zest, salt and pepper. Brush country bread slices with olive oil and grill until toasted. Rub a garlic clove on the bread and spread ricotta mixture. YUMMY! And Rowan ate 2 slices of it!






Grilled Asparagus






Grilled Filets






Tomato and Avocado Salad:



*Halve baby heirloom tomatoes, dice avocado, drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper






I eat the tomato and avocado salad a lot for lunch, it is super fresh and fills me up. Im struggling not to overload on carbs this pregnancy considering that is all I crave besides sweets. Avocados offer a healthy fat that make me feel full but doesnt leave me feeling guilty.






We had a wonderful anniversary and if you are wanting something luxurious but dont want to spend way too much $$$$, make this meal!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment