Tuesday, May 25, 2010

15 Months and raring to go!!!!

This is a typical day in my house now...Rowan into everything...the dogs into everything...me on the phone...re-filling snack traps and sippy cups...screaming..."mama! mama! mama!" I love it! This is what being a mom is about! The best part is at the end of the day, when your little one is to tired, they might not make it through their bedtime book and you give them one last hug and they lay their head on your shoulder and pat your back. Makes me smile the biggest smile and look forward to another tomorrow!
Rowan is so much fun at this age, but she's always been fun, its just a different - you understand what I'm saying and doing - stage. Rowan is running and walking all over the place, into everything its almost comical. I love it when I find sippy cups in the trash, toilet, and washing machine. That little stinker! Oh yea, the washing machine. We have the front loading one and it has a child lock on it, but that does not protect the power button. Rowan loves to turn it on and off, especially mid-cycle and when I go to get the clothes out thinking its done...water pours out. Other bad behaviors that are hilarious to Rowan (hilarious in her book is when she knows she is not supposed to do something, i.e. immediately followed by the word "no") - getting into the dog crates, grabbing the toilet paper and making a run for it with it streaming behind her, full force running into the closet and faceplanting it into our hanging clothes, running into daddy's office and spreading out as many papers as possible, using the fax machine, standing on the dishwasher door, putting her toothbrush down the drain in the sink, getting in the shower when we are in there, throwing food off of her tray, taking her shoes off everywhere we go and putting them in her mouth, and the list continues. Like LaTarian (sp?) Rowan thinks its fun to do bad things.

Rowan has also added new words to her vocabulary - quack, shoes, ouch, uh oh, no! no! no!, nigh nigh, some of these words she has said for a while, but these are mostly what she is saying all the time now. When she sees something she likes, she yells "dada!" She also says that when she sees Grant or hears his voice.

Eating is not so much fun now, I mean what kid does not like pbj sandwiches, quesadillas, chicken fingers? Rowan does not. She is on the carb, carrot, and fruit diet and about nothing else. The best thing I heard from her 15 month appointment, was that its my job to provide her the food on the table, but its her job to eat it. So I dont feel so bad now and I am so over fixing her own special meal when she wont eat a bite and it ends up on the floor.

What else is Rowan doing that is new? Hmmm...how about temper tantrums, screaming, whining, and my most favorite...arching of the back when she doesnt want to be put in her stroller or car seat. Rowan tried to run into the street at my grandmothers house, I got her in time, but it was full on melt down after that and my sweet grandmother was worried about her for days. This does not happen every day, but it makes me sad that Rowan has added frustrated and angry to her list of emotions. She gets over it really fast if I distract her, but it is just as frustrating for me to see her go through this. At our last doc appointment, Mercer said, next time we will talk about potty training and time out. WHAT?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment