Sunday, August 9, 2009

5 Months Already!







I can't believe that our little one is already 5 months old! So much has changed in the last month that I don't even know where to begin. She is really starting to reach out and grab for things, especially my hair or a cup that I am drinking from. She has a little playard that she lies on her back in and she will reach up to the hanging toys and hold on to them and try to get them in her mouth.


The funniest experience that happened was in her crib when we discovered that she could roll over. She has a little lighted toy that has a fish scene that hangs on her crib and I turn it on for her to soothe her before a nap. We call it her "show." So I put her on her back to watch her show and left her in her crib to clean her bottles and when I heard the music go off, I went in to check on her and she was asleep on her stomach, thumb in her mouth. So I was really excited that she could roll over. About an hour later I hear her laughing and carrying on so I go to get her up, and she is on her back again! She rolled over twice without us seeing it! Ever since then, she has been turning every which way, working on her new discovery.

She is most interested in sucking her thumb still, which I can't argue with yet. She also really enjoys her changing table and the wall next to it. She is constantly turning on her side to feel the wall and its textures. She is all smiles all the time and gets the biggest kick out of dogs. She laughs so hard she starts coughing/choking because she isnt getting enough air while in hysterics.


Another big accomplishment is that she has started taking solid foods and drinking from a cup. Her first tastes were rice cereal, peas, banana, and sweet potato. I have really enjoyed cooking her food for her thanks to the Williams Sonoma baby cookbook that my sister, Lindsay gave me. I have realized that I am saving a lot of money by cooking a big batch of food and freezing the portions in covered ice cube trays that can last up to 3 months! She enjoys sitting in her high chair while watching me cook and describe to her what I am doing.




Along with the joys of watching Rowan grow and experience firsts, there are also going to be not so great moments like her first ear infection that we have been battling and some teeth that are in her not so distant future. I hate more than anything seeing my sweet little girl in pain and not her usual happy self.


My poor little love bug had major congestion and runny nose with fever for about 2 weeks while going through her ear infection. She can't breathe through her nose in this picture. Sad...

We have had so much fun with Rowan in the last month, I have been so lucky to be able to stay at home with her and see her smiley, happy face every bit of my day. She is growing up so fast, I just want to stop time and get a few more years of this adorable stage that she is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment